Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 December 2017

My journey to Aotearoa in a Waka

Day 1:

It's awesome to go to another island. My grandfather has already gone ahead of us and is already there waiting. We are running out of food very fast, we only have cow and sheep meat left. I hope someone brought some fishing gear so we could catch some fish.

Day 2:

I'm 15 years old today. Dang it, we have run out of food. I still have my knife, I might make myself a spear, I just need a long stick. I can't find one, wait, what is that floating in the sea? It's a stick! I can use this.... done! now I've just got to find a shark....

Day 3:

My stomach hurts! I need to find a shark to eat, maybe I'll just spear a fish.... huh! got one! Now I can eat.

Day 4:

Finally here! My back hurts, I need to lie down. Grandpa, there you are! Where's your house? I need to lie down and sleep. Finally.... snoring loud!

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Sam,

    Wow, what a really creative and in depth blog post. Well done!
    Congratulations on making such a great impact on your first blog post for the Summer Learning Journey programme. It sounds as though your character already bought the right equipment to catch fish—what a clever individual. To be honest Sam, there's very little that you need to do here to improve your blog post. Maybe you can add pictures next time so that we can really experience your short story.

    Well done Sam, you've done an excellent job.

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Sam,

    Welcome to the summer learning journey for 2017. It’s great to have you join us. My name is Cadence and I will be working with your cluster this summer.

    Wow ka pai Sam! It’s awesome how you set out your post like a journal. Four days is a long time to travel by boat... I would be sea sick after just one... I’m curious, did you travel with any family? I would be pretty scared trying to catch a shark. Love the “Finally... snoring loudly” part, that made me laugh! Well done Sam! Keep up the awesome blogging!

    Here is a quick reminder of how to access the Summer Learning Journey site. Copy and paste the link below into your URL.
    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities

    Read the activity then head on over to your own personal blog. Don’t forget the bonus tasks to earn extra points. There are fantastic prizes are up for grabs! Remember, you don’t have to post in any particular order.

    To check out your classmate’s blogs copy this link for the live feeds. Happy blogging!
    https://sites.google.com/a/manaiakalani.org/connected-learners-share/sljtwitterfeeds

    Looking forward to reading your blog posts!

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.